2022 National FHB Forum Proceedings and Poster Submission Guidelines
2022 National FHB Forum Poster, Paper, and Presenter Submission Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines and requirements and use the submission button above to submit your content.
Submissions are Now CLOSED, we are no longer accepting new submissions.
- Individuals who are interested in presenting a poster, including a paper in the proceedings, or have been invited to present at the NFHB Forum must submit their content by November 7, 2022 at 3:00PM Central time. (Poster authors: If you are still finalizing data, and expect adjustments after the submission deadline but before the Forum, you are welcome to make edits/update your printed poster version and bring it with you for the onsite Poster Session at the Forum.)
- The following items will be required for each submission type:
- Poster Authors must submit an abstract, poster file and corresponding 3-minute overview video with their submission.
- Paper Authors must submit an abstract and Word doc paper with their submission.
- Invited Presenters must submit an abstract and will have until Nov 28 to submit their presentation slide deck and biography for the Forum
- Submitters will need to go to the submission portal (button above or below) and will be prompted to login to the USWBSI site for access. Make sure to login with your own credentials to ensure receipt of all communications.
- You may submit on behalf of another individual, but make sure to clarify who the onsite “presenting” author will be during the NFHB Forum.
- A separate submission form is required for each poster/paper/presentation.
- All presenting authors (invited speakers and poster authors) must be in attendance in Tampa, Florida for consideration.
- All abstracts and papers will be published in the 2022 NFHB Forum Proceedings.
- You wlil receive an email from the NFO once you start and save your submission that includes a link to the submission portal to finalize, you can save and return as needed until the deadline.
- Once your submission is complete, you will receive an email from the NFO confirming your submission and it will include a link to a receipt of your submission.
- Poster authors, paper authors and invited speakers are required to submit an abstract.
- Abstracts should include original research or other activity of significance that relates to Fusarium Head Blight (FHB).
- Abstract titles should be no longer than 30 words.and abstract text has a 400-word count maximum (including acknowledgements) and must be presented in one paragraph, abstracts should not include charts/graphs.
- Make sure to edit and proof your abstract before submitting, content must be in final form with no grammatical, typographical, or factual errors. Content will be published as submitted.
- Poster submissions are open to anyone in the FHB Community.
- In addition to the abstract, poster authors are required to submit a digital poster file and pre-recorded video presentation at time of submission. A Virtual Poster Room will again be available prior to and during the NFHB Forum, in addition to the onsite Poster Session.
- Digital posters must be submitted as PNG files with a maximum file size of 20MB and dimensions not exceeding 46" wide x 45" tall. (An image file is required for the poster upload, simply go to "Save as" in PowerPoint and change the file type to .png file and save.)
- All poster submitters are required to also include a pre-recorded 2-3 minute video presentation as a .mp4 file with maximum file size of 100MB which will be viewable by all attendees prior to the NFHB Forum and for a week after the event.
- Check out these additional guidelines/suggestions for preparation of your poster materials.
- During the event, two Poster Sessions will offer time for poster authors to be present with their poster for informal interactions with attendees. Additional details on timing will be provided closer to the date of the event.
- Poster Authors are responsible for bringing a printout of their poster(s) for display during the onsite NFHB Forum. Final printed poster size should be maximum 46” wide x 45” tall.
- Edits to virtual poster files can be made by the submitter by uploading new file up until the final submission, due November 7. After that, no edits to the virtual poster can be made. However, poster authors are welcome to make edits to their printed version and bring it with them to the Forum.
- Graduate Student and Post-Doc submitters also need to indicate if they would like their poster included in the competition. (See competition details below.)
- Graduate Student and Post-Doc submitters have the option to indicate if they are interested in being considered for a “Flash & Dash” presentation (a 3-minute in-person presentation of poster highlights during a general session for all attendees). Spaces are limited, those interested will be notified if they’ve been selected.
2022 NFHB Forum Poster Competition – sponsored by BASF
We are pleased to announce the continuation of the poster competition and awards for this year’s NFHB Forum.
Special thanks to BASF for sponsoring this important event and providing support for cash prizes to the top three awardees in each category.
- Cash prizes will be provided for 1st place - $500, 2nd place - $300, and 3rd place - $200.
- There will be two award categories one for graduate students and the other for post-docs.
- There will be two rounds of judging with at least 2 judges reviewing each of the pre-recorded poster video presentations before the 2022 NFHB Forum; from the first-round review finalists will be identified and judges will attend the Poster Author Sessions for the finalists during the NFHB Forum with in-person interactions and evaluations.
- Poster Awardees will be announced at the Closing Session of the 2022 NFHB Forum.
- A minimum of 5 competitors per category must be received in order for the competition to commence.
- A stand-alone paper option is available for those not presenting an invited talk or poster at the NFHB Forum but want to include a publication in the proceedings on their recent work.
- Paper text has a 2,000-word count maximum, including all charts/graphs. A Word doc file should be uploaded within the submission form.
- Make sure to edit and proof your paper before submitting, content must be in final form with no grammatical, typographical, or factual errors. Content will be published as submitted.
> Invited Presenters
- All invited presenters will be able to upload their presentation slide deck and biography prior to the NFHB Forum via the same submission form.
- Abstracts must be submitted by November 7, speakers will be notified when access is open to upload presentation slide decks and biographies which must be uploaded by November 28.