2023 National FHB Forum Proceedings and Poster Submission Guidelines
Home >> 2023 National FHB Forum
2023 National FHB Forum Poster, Paper, and Presenter Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines and requirements and use the submission button above to submit your content once available.
Submissions will open in September 2023, check back for access and deadline. The following guidelines are provided in preparation.
- Individuals who are interested in presenting a poster, including a paper in the proceedings, or have been invited to present at the NFHB Forum must submit their content by early November (firm deadline to be provided in coming months).
- The following items will be required for each submission type:
- Poster Authors must submit an abstract and poster file, an optional 3-minute overview video is also encouraged (anyone entering the poster competition is required to submit a video).
- Paper Authors must submit an abstract and Word doc paper with their submission.
- Invited Presenters must submit an abstract and will also be able submit their presentation slide deck and biography for the Forum.
- Submitters will need to go to the submission portal (button above or below) and will be prompted to login to the USWBSI site for access. Make sure to login with your own credentials to ensure receipt of all communications. Not available until September 2023.
- You may submit on behalf of another individual, but make sure to clarify who the onsite “presenting” author will be during the NFHB Forum.
- A separate submission form is required for each poster/paper/presentation.
- All presenting authors (invited speakers and poster authors) must be in attendance in Cincinnati, Ohio for consideration.
- All abstracts and papers will be published in the 2023 NFHB Forum Proceedings.
- You will receive an email from the NFO once you start and save your submission that includes a link to the submission portal to finalize, you can save and return as needed until the deadline.
- Once your submission is complete, you will receive an email from the NFO confirming your submission and it will include a link to a receipt of your submission.
- Poster authors, paper authors and invited speakers are required to submit an abstract.
- Abstracts should include original research or other activity of significance that relates to Fusarium Head Blight (FHB).
- Abstract titles should be no longer than 30 words and abstract text has a 400-word count maximum (including acknowledgments) and must be presented in one paragraph, abstracts should not include charts/graphs.
- Make sure to edit and proof your abstract before submitting, content must be in final form with no grammatical, typographical, or factual errors. Content will be published as submitted.
- Poster submissions are open to anyone in the FHB Community.
- In addition to the abstract, poster authors are required to submit a digital poster file and have the option to upload a pre-recorded video presentation at time of submission. A Virtual Poster Room will again be available prior to and during the NFHB Forum, in addition to the onsite Poster Session.
- Digital posters must be submitted as PNG files with a maximum file size of 20MB and dimensions not exceeding 46" wide x 45" tall. (An image file is required for the poster upload, simply go to "Save as" in PowerPoint and change the file type to .png file and save.)
- All poster submitters have the option to also include a pre-recorded 2-3 minute video presentation as a .mp4 file with maximum file size of 100MB which will be viewable by all attendees prior to the NFHB Forum and for a week after the event.
- Check out these additional guidelines/suggestions for preparation of your poster materials and here is a link to a poster awardee video from last year as example of how best to prepare.
- During the event, two Poster Sessions will offer time for poster authors to be present with their poster for informal interactions with attendees. Additional details on timing will be provided closer to the date of the event.
- Poster Authors are responsible for bringing a printout of their poster(s) for display during the onsite NFHB Forum. Final printed poster size should be maximum 46” wide x 45” tall.
- Edits to virtual poster files can be made by the submitter by uploading new file up until the final submission date. After that, no edits to the virtual poster can be made. However, poster authors are welcome to make edits to their printed version and bring it with them to the Forum.
- Graduate Student and Post-Doc submitters also need to indicate if they would like their poster included in the competition. (See competition details below.)
- Graduate Student and Post-Doc submitters have the option to indicate if they are interested in being considered for a “Flash & Dash” presentation (a 3-minute in-person presentation of poster highlights during a general session for all attendees). Spaces are limited, those interested will be notified if they’ve been selected.
2023 NFHB Forum Poster Competition – sponsored by BASF
We are pleased to announce the continuation of the poster competition for this year’s NFHB Forum.
- There will be two award categories one for graduate students and the other for post-docs.
- Anyone entering the competition will be required to submit an abstract, digital poster and a corresponding pre-recorded video. (Any submissions without a video will automatically be disqualified from the competition.)
- Only one poster per author will be eligible to compete in the competition, please only select the competition option for the poster you want to be included in the competition.
- There will be two rounds of judging with at least 2 judges reviewing each of the pre-recorded poster video presentations before the 2023 NFHB Forum; from the first-round review finalists will be identified and judges will attend the Poster Author Sessions for the finalists during the NFHB Forum with in-person interactions and evaluations.
- Poster Awardees will be announced at the Closing Session of the 2023 NFHB Forum.
- A minimum of 5 competitors per category must be received in order for the competition to commence.
- Award Certificates will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category. (USWBSI is seeking a sponsor for cash prizes, to date cash prizes are not available)
- A stand-alone paper option is available for those not presenting an invited talk or poster at the NFHB Forum but want to include a publication in the proceedings on their recent work.
- Paper text has a 2,000-word count maximum, including all charts/graphs. A Word doc file should be uploaded within the submission form.
- Make sure to edit and proof your paper before submitting, content must be in final form with no grammatical, typographical, or factual errors. Content will be published as submitted.
> Invited Presenters
- All invited presenters will be able to upload their presentation slide deck and biography prior to the NFHB Forum via the same submission form.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline, speakers will be notified when access is open to upload presentation slide decks and biographies.
Contact email@example.com with questions you might have regarding your submission.