The Small Grains Breeding Program at Purdue University is seeking to fill a grant-funded Wheat
Farm Operations Administrator for the execution of field experiments, greenhouses, crop protection,
data collection, and harvest. As a member of an educational and public breeding program, the
incumbent will be committed to maintain a welcoming and diverse work environment.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing seed package for planting at ACRE and off-site locations
- Maintaining pathogen cultures
- Producing inoculum, and setting up misting system for Fusarium head blight (FHB) experiments in the field
- Organizing seed and chemical inventory and producing database of field, genotype data, and pedigrees
- Producing and shipping plant specimen and seed samples to plant genotyping and mycotoxin measurement laboratories
- Assisting with and enabling operations of graduate and undergraduate student research
More info in link below.
10/13/2019 (3 months)