Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science Fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
The Crop Science branch provides high value seeds, innovative crop protection solutions based on chemical and biological modes of action as well as an extensive service backup for modern and sustainable agriculture. In the area of non-agricultural applications, Bayer Crop Science has a broad portfolio of products and services to control pests.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Global Key Account Management
Méréville’s plant (located at 60km south of Paris), is one of the SeedsGrowth Coatings international expertise center for Bayer (activity specialized in seeds protection technologies and innovative polymers). This site is immediately adjacent to one of Bayer’s 7 wheat breeding excellence center, one of CropProtection sales agency as well as a trial platform.
The Coating Director position’s purpose is to achieve our business goals with regard to Coatings. He/she will have to identify unrealized opportunities/markets (including integrated offers and complete solutions) especially in the area of Coatings, taking into account our 4 competencies Coating, Equipment, Services and Products. He/she will monitor the Coating marketing and strategy implementation in order to secure achievement of market share goals. He/she will attend and ensure CropScience Headquarter presence and guidance at international, regional seed industry conferences, committees and meetings (ASTA, ISF, etc.).
The jobholder will have to ensure the following tasks:
* Define and propose global marketing strategies for Coatings in order to set and to achieve objectives in cooperation with Countries and Regions, Asset-management.
* Develop an innovative Product Portfolio, taking into account market developments, to capture additional value opportunities: Optimize Product/Portfolio profitability based on Integrated Gross Margin.
* Benchmarking with competitors.
* Support actively product stewardship measures.
* Be accountable for Operations of Cérès Seed Technology and the Seed Technology Application Center.
* Be accountable for budgeting and forecasting of the Coating Business.
* Responsible for the budgeting and achieving of OPEX target
* Promote, advertise and deliver of Coatings to Countries respectively customers.
* Keep the operational expense Budgets.
* Lead and manage the local team
* Drive all employee relations with unions and work councils representatives and ensure the respect of the French labor Law
You have graduated with a University degree preferably in agronomics, you have a good knowledge in running a Business. Thanks to your work experience or education, you also have a good understanding of crop protection environment (seed industry, technologies and markets...). A diversified financial & controlling experience is an asset for this position.
You have a strong determination to succeed in order to reach economic targets and strong social and interpersonal communication skills to manage multinational activities and achievement of buy-in.
Your leadership combined with your strategic & analytical mindset enables you to manage projects, establish and manage global networks (including Headquarter) and locally / internationally exposed teams. Co-ordination skills and good negotiation skills are required.
You are fluent in French and English. Another major language (preferably Spanish) would be appreciated.
Location: France - Méréville (91) Contract: Permanent
To be filled: July 2017
For further information do not hesitate to have a look at our advert on the MyServices portal and to apply online.
02/13/2018 (4 months)