Poster Competition | Flash & Dash Presentations | Poster/Paper Deadlines
Call for Posters and Papers
December 8-10, 2019
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Interested in Presenting a Poster or Paper?
Forum participants can report research results in one of the following formats:
- Poster with an Associated Paper;
- Poster with an Associated Abstract;
- Stand-alone Paper;
- Invited Talk with an Associated Paper (for invited speakers only); and
- Invited Talk with an Associated Abstract (for invited speakers only)
Posters/Papers will be accepted in the following categories:
- FHB Management
- Food Safety and Toxicology
- Gene Discovery and Engineering Resistance
- Pathogen Biology and Genetics
- Variety Development and Host Plant Resistance
To present a poster with an associatied abstract or paper at the Forum, or submit a stand-alone paper for inclusion in the Forum proceedings, you must complete the following:
- Registration of Poster/Paper: Please complete an on-line registration form for each Poster Abstract/Paper or stand-alone Paper by Thursday, November 7th. DEADLINE EXTENDED! There is no limit to the number of poster abstracts and/or papers submitted by one author.
- Submission of Content: Content (i.e. actual abstracts or papers), which will be included in the Forum Proceedings, should be submitted as e-mail attachments and recived by the Networking & Facilitation Office at email@example.com no later than Thursday, November 7th. DEADLINE EXTENDED!
If you would like to submit a poster abstract and/or paper, first please carefully review the instructions, and then complete a registration form (links below).
Abstracts and Papers, and Poster Presentations
New for the 2019 Forum will be a poster competition! There will be two major categories, graduate student or post-doctoral research associate. Posters will be judged by at least two judges during one of the assigned poster sessions. Awards will be given to the top three participants in each of the two major categories.
When registering for a poster, please make sure you select the Poster Competition checkbox. If entering into the competition, please select whether the primary author presenting the poster is a graduate student or post-doctoral research associate. Then you fill out the remainder of the registration form.
Please note: Research area/coordinated project designations are subject to change based on the discretion of the NFO.
Flash & Dash (F&D) Presentations are for graduate students, post-docs and early career professionals. Presenters will give a short (5 minute) 'flash and dash' presentation of the work highlighted in their poster prior to the poster sessions. This exercise is expected to increase the visibility of your research, and attract interest to your poster during the poster session. To be considered for a Flash & Dash presentation, check the appropriate box when completing the registration form for you poster. Selection of Flash & Dash Presenters will be based on review of associated abstract or paper. Individuals who indicated interest in giving a F&D Presentations associated with their poster will be notified no later than November 15th.
|Nov. 7th||Deadline for registration of Posters/Papers/Abstracts. DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Deadline for the submission of abstract and paper content for the Forum proceedings. DEADLINE EXTENDED!
|Nov. 16th:||Individuals notified of selection for Flash & Dash Presentation.|