December 2-4, 2018
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch
St. Louis, Missouri
In December 2018, the USWBSI will hold its annual conference, the 2018 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum. It will be held at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch in St. Louis, Missouri. The Forum is an integral component of the U.S. Wheat & Barley Scab Initiative. Growers and grower group representatives, millers and other food processors, consumers, and scientists (public and private) are all encouraged to attend. Please check back periodically for updated information.
The Forum will begin at 1:00 pm on Sunday, December 2, and end at 12:00 pm on Tuesday, December 4. The program will consist of speaker and poster sessions, and focused group discussions (morning of 12/3).
The general schedule of the Forum is below; click here to view detailed program. Updated: 11/26/18
There will be three General Sessions and each session will include a cominbation of long and short, interdisciplinary oral presentations.
|Session 1:||Sunday PM, 12/2|
|Session 2:||Monday PM, 12/3|
|Session 3:||Tuesday AM, 12/4|
|Even Numbered Posters:||Sunday PM (12/2)|
|Odd Numbered Posters:||Monday PM (12/3)|
*Each Poster Session will be preceded by an associated Flash & Dash (F&D) Presentations (see description below).
Flash & Dash are for graduate students, post-docs and early career professionals. Presenters will give a short (5 minute) 'flash and dash' presentation of the work highlighted in their poster prior to the poster sessions. This exercise is expected to increase the visibility of your research, and attract interest to your poster during the poster session. Selection of Flash & Dash Presenters will be based on review of associated abstract or paper. Individuals who indicated interest in giving a F&D Presentations associated with their poster will be notified no later than November 15.
Wednesday, December 5
|The National Wheat Improvement Committee (NWIC) will meet on Wednesday, Dec. 5. Please contact Robert Zemetra at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.|
The registration fee (US$175.00; US$210.00 after November 9) is handled in conjunction with the on-line registration process (i.e. not through the hotel). Advanced registration is REQUIRED. The registration fee includes the following:
- Forum materials including one copy of the Forum proceedings; and
- Refreshment Breaks and the following Meals:
- Sunday, 12/2 - Dinner
- Monday, 12/3 - Breakfast and Lunch
- Tuesday, 12/4 - Breakfast
To register for the 2018 National FHB Forum, click here.
Cancellations made on or before November 9th will receive a full refund. Cancellations received after November 9th will receive a partial refund (Registration fee -$25.00 USD). No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after November 19th.
The Forum will be held at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, 315 N. Chestnut St. Participants are responsible for making (and paying for) their own reservations directly with the hotel using a credit card, and are guaranteed special room rates (see rates below) between the dates of November 27 - December 7.
$134+tax/night for Triple Occupancy
$159+tax/night for Quadruple Occupancy
NOTE: All rooms can be upgraded to the Regency Club level for an additional $50/day.
These low room rates are based upon the expectation that Forum participants will stay at this hotel. Hotel reservations must be made by Friday, November 16th. After November 16th, the rooms that have been held for the Forum participants at the special rate will be released, and sold on a first come first serve basis.
For more information on room types and amenities, click here.
To Make Hotel Reservations
- Via Web (recommended method): To make your reservations on-line, click here. Once you have opened the Hotel's Website, select 'Attendee' from drop down menu on the left and enter your arrival and departure dates, etc. and then click 'Search'.
- Via Phone: Call the hotel at 1-888-421-1442. Inform the reservations agent that you wish to make the reservation under the '2018 National FHB Forum' group. This will ensure that your reservation is booked under our group with the special room rate.
NOTE: If you are quoted a different rate please contact the organizers.
Traveling to the Forum:
The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch is approximately 15 miles from the Lambert - St. Louis International Airport (STL).
- Airport Shuttle: We have negotiated a discounted rate of $34.00/round trip ($17.00/one-way) with GO BEST Express (www.gobestexpress.com) for round-trip shuttle service to/from the Lambert - St. Louis International Airport (STL) and the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. Click here to make your shuttle reservation. Under 'Arrivals', select 'ONE WAY' or 'ROUND TRIP' to begin making your reservation. Credit cards are required and charged at the time of reservation.
- Metro Link: St. Louis has a train (MetroLink) that runs from the Airport to downtown St. Louis. The fare is only $2.50 (one way) and has a stop at 8th & Pine (see MetroLink map) four blocks from the hotel. Upon exiting the metro stop at 8th and Pine, head south (towards the Arch) on N. 8th St. Turn left onto Pine St., then right on N. 4th St., and finally left on Chestnut St. The Hyatt Regency at the Arch is at 315 N. Chestnut St.
- By Car: The Hyatt Regency St. Louis (see Hotel's map and driving direction at the Arch is located downtown at 315 Chestnut Street. To obtain driving directions using Google Maps, click here.
International Travel Information
International attendees, apply early for your visa as it could take up to 3-4 months to receive a visa. Click here for visa information. If you need a letter of invitation in order to obtain your visa, please contact the Networking and Facilitation Office. Make sure you have registered for the Forum prior to requesting a letter.
Forum participants can report research results in one of the following formats: 1) poster plus associated paper; 2) poster with an associated abstract; or 3) stand-alone paper. For both options 1 and 2, there is the option to indicate interest in giving a Flash & Dash presentation. There is no limit to the number of poster abstracts or papers submitted by one author.
Please click here for more information on the submission of poster/papers for the 2018 National FHB Forum.
The Proceedings, which will be available prior to the start of the Forum, are not meant to act as a formal scientific reference but rather as a means of increasing communication both during and after the Forum. Readers will be informed that reproduction or referencing of reports can only occur with the author's permission. Electronic version (USB drive) of the proceedings is included with the registration fee.
If your company or organization is interested in sponsoring a portion of the Forum, please contact the USWBSI's Networking & Facilitation office (contact information listed below). Recognition will be given both during the Forum and in the Forum proceedings. Click on sponsor's logo to access their designated Website.
Sponsors as of 11/01/18:
Amercian Malting Barley Association
Minnesota Wheat Research &
- Explore St. Louis: The Official Convention and Visitors Bureau Website for St. Louis, MO.
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tours
- Schafley Brewery Tours
|Nov. 5th:||Deadline for registration of Posters/Papers/Abstracts. CLOSED|
|Nov. 9th:||Deadline for Early Registration (Fee: US$175.00)
Last day to receive full refund.
Deadline for the submission of abstract and paper content for the Forum proceedings. DEADLINE EXTENDED!
|Nov. 10th:||Late registration begins (Fee: US$210.00)|
|Nov. 16th:||Last day to reserve hotel room with guaranteed availability and rate.|
|Nov. 19th:||On-line Registration closes.
Last day to receive partial refund.
Individuals notified of selection for Flash & Dash Presentations
If you have any questions regarding the 2018 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum, please contact the Networking and Facilitation Office at 517-353-0201 or email@example.com. Mailing address listed below:
USWBSI Networking & Facilitation Office
Plant and Soil Sciences Building
1066 Bogue St.
East Lansing, MI 48824